Individuals with overly large breasts may develop health and emotional problems. If the breasts are overly large, the individual may have self-image issues and may experience physical pain and discomfort. If you have excess breast tissue, the weight can impair your ability to lead an active life. If you would like a healthier breast size, we encourage you to speak with Dr. Hogan about breast reduction.
During breast reduction surgery, which is also known as reduction mammoplasty, excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin is removed to reach a breast size that is in proportion with your body. This surgery can also alleviate discomfort caused by overly large breasts. You may be a candidate for breast reduction surgery if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Have reasonable expectations
- Don’t smoke
- Are self-conscious because you feel that your breasts are too large
- Have breasts that limit your physical activity
- Experience pain in your back, neck, and shoulders because of the weight of your breasts
- Have indentations in your shoulders from bra straps
- Have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
We invite you to contact our office today to learn more about breast reduction and to schedule a consultation with our plastic surgeon.