After weight reduction surgery or substantial weight loss, the skin and tissues often don’t have the elasticity needed to conform to the reduced body size. If you have recently lost a significant amount of weight and would like to improve your appearance, you may be a good candidate for body contouring.
Good candidates for body contouring must meet several criteria:
- Your weight loss has stabilized
- Are healthy and don’t have a medical condition that may inhibit healing or increase risk of surgery
- You are a non-smoker
- You have realistic goals and a positive outlook
- You are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle
During body contouring, our plastic surgeon will remove excess sagging fat and skin and improve the shape of the underlying support tissue. Your body contouring regimen may include one or more of the following procedures:
- Facelift: Corrects sagging of the mid-face, neck, and jowls
- Breast lift: Corrects sagging or flattened breasts
- Tummy tuck: Removes excess skin hanging over the abdomen
- Lower body lift: Corrects sagging in the abdomen, buttocks, groin, and outer thighs
- Medial thigh lift: Corrects sagging in the inner, outer, and mid thigh
- Arm lift: Corrects sagging of the upper arms
To learn more about body contouring and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Hogan, contact our office today.